Sunday, May 26, 2013

I'm going to create a book.... researched BY me for writers LIKE me!

Okay, so the verdict is in. I think I am going to put together a book. After doing all this research and constantly looking for fresh and new ideas, I've decided to take everything I come up with and put it into one collective, so that it may help those out there who are in my same situation. The ability to write, without the ability to build a story from scratch. Sooo... if you have ANY ideas at all that you wouldn't mind sharing with the world, PLEASE email me with your idea and the okay to publish it, otherwise it won't see the light of day. Here is what I am looking for:

  • BASIC PLOT IDEAS - (MC wakes up from a coma and doesn't know who or where they are.) 
  • DEVELOPED PLOT IDEAS - (MC is abducted as a child but escapes. They never catch kidnapper. Ten years later, MC bumps into someone at a local store and recognizing their scent knows without a shadow of a doubt that it was their kidnapper. It's been so long that kidnapper doesn't recognize child grown up, but now MC is left with a choice. Does MC leave it alone or go after kidnapper in the attempt to finally put them to justice?)
  • STORY STARTERS -  (Actual dialogue or writing that could be used as first lines. ie:  We had been searching for it all night and now, with the sun so close to rising, it was too late. The world would never be the same.)
  • STORY STARTER PROMPTS:  (Not "the think about a time you were angry and write about it" type prompts. Give a defined situation for the author to write about. Your character is on the road, driving, when their car breaks down. It looks like they are in the middle of nowhere. Where are they going? Where did they come from? Are they running away or simply on a business trip?)
  • MAJOR CHARACTER SKETCHES - (For main characters: Full blown info about character from name/age/dob; physical description; traits; current info as well as their background story. I actually have a profile to fill out if you're interested I can email it to you)
  • MINOR CHARACTER SKETCHES - (For side characters: Info about character from name/age/physical description; traits & quirks)
  • CHARACTER TYPES - (ie: supernatural - for example: "Dreamwalker" - someone with the ability to appear in other people's dreams.)
  • OBJECTS - ("Magic Mirror" - a hand mirror that can see what's going on at that exact moment anywhere else in the world)
Those are just some of the main things I  will be focusing on, but if you have any other ideas, please feel free to throw them at me. Too much is ALWAYS better than not enough!

Anyway, that's it for now. Back to my actual writing... which I have finally gotten a basic plot going for my zombie apocalypse story! WOOT! Wish me luck.

Love,
Breezy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!