Wednesday, April 3, 2013

PROMPT: awakening from coma

[waking from coma] A bright light breaks the penetrating darkness. Sounds seem to stream into my conscience [into me as I regain consciousness], slowly at first until they come screaming/flooding in at full force. I launched my body upward, only to be pinned down by some invisible force. The blurred images around me sharpen into....A doctor and nurses struggle to keep me sedated as I thrash wildly about. I push them off of me with little effort. A crushing sound erupts from the doctor as he collides with the hard tile floor. I leaped from the bed, bulldozing my way through more doctors/nurses blocking my escape as I swung open the door. I race down the hallway. I don't know where I'm going but something in my gut tells me that this isn't a "safe" place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!